Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Week One of Back to Normal

It's the first week after the marathon.  I am very happy to have completed the race, and now I'm excited to be able to focus more time on family, menu planning, cooking and craft projects with the girls. 

I'm back onto my grocery budget plan.  I can't remember if my budget goal was $125 or $150.  I think it was $125.  Well, I went a bit over this week, $150.  But still not too bad. 

Another project I'm working on is to go through all the magazines I've saved and clip out the recipes and ideas that I'd like to try, and toss the rest of the magazine (mostly advertisements anyhow).  This will get rid of some clutter in the attic and basement, and it is so much nicer to have little clippings organized in a notebook rather than looking through 20 magazines to find a decent recipe.  I've already used a lot of recipes and ideas from the magazines...and I never would have used them if those magazines were still boxed away taking up space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment