8 ounces parsnips, peeled and cut into thin bite-size strips (2-1/4 cups)
8 ounces carrots, peeled and cut into thin bite-size strips (2-1/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 firm ripe pears, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/3 cup pecan halves
- 3 tablespoonsbrown sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
1. In a large nonstick skillet combine parsnips, carrots, orange juice, dried cranberries, and ginger. Bring to boiling; reduce heat to medium. Cook, uncovered, for 7 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
2. Add pears, pecans, brown sugar, and margarine or butter to mixture in skillet; stir. Cook, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes more or until vegetables are glazed. Makes 6 servings.