- 1 (3 pound) boneless rolled pork loin roast, halved
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup sugar (I would cut this to 1/3 cup next time)
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice (I didn't have any so I used chicken broth)
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- salt to taste
- In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides over medium-high heat. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the cranberry sauce, sugar, cranberry juice, mustard, pepper and cloves; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Remove roast and keep warm.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch, water and salt until smooth; stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast.