Sunday, August 7, 2011

52 Treats: Banana Bread

So I know banana bread recipes come a dime a dozen...so why bother posting this one?  The problem is that between my cookbooks, recipe clippings and websites, I've probably made at least ten variations of the recipe, each slightly different.  Some are good and some not so good.  The problem is that each time I go to find the "good" recipe, I can't remember which one is the right one.  This one has got to be one of the best, so I want to make sure I post it so I'll know next time which recipe is the best one. 

Mia was great help making this, and she ate a big piece after dinner.
Banana Bread

Ingredients
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
  2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

Taste:  8/10
Effort vs. Payoff:  4/5
Kid-friendliness:  3/3
Overall Rating:  4 out of 4 stars ****

    No comments:

    Post a Comment